It’s the season of giving, so why not give a needy kitten or cat a loving home for the holidays?
There are hundreds of kittens and cats in shelters all across Long Island in need of their fur-ever homes. Cats are playful, fun loving animals that can make great family pets. Cats are easy to take care of – but like all pets, they require a “Love and Care Commitment”. The Animal Pantry in West Babylon and North Shore Animal League America in Port Washington are two great places to find your new best friend. They have many friendly kittens and cats of all ages looking for a home. They also have all the supplies that you’ll need to care for your new furry friend. Cats have hunting instincts, which is why it’s important to keep their minds stimulated with games. Cats have their own individual personalities just like people. I suggest you hold and spend time with the kitten or cat you plan on adopting so you can familiarize yourself with their personality. Cats should be given fresh food and water daily and should be played with regularly for stimulation and exercise. You should always get your cat spayed or neutered. Cats do not require too much grooming, although you should brush them because they do shed and this helps prevent fur balls. If you can’t permanently adopt a cat, you can still help by providing one a foster home. By fostering a kitten or cat, you’re making room in the shelter for another one – you’re saving two lives instead of one. Beth Stern and her husband Howard are currently fostering 18 kittens. Howard and Beth have been huge supporters of North Shore Animal League America. Their kindness and generosity has helped save hundreds of kittens and cats.
This holiday season, help a child, help a family or help a pet in need!
From my family to yours, we wish you and your pets a very happy holiday and all the best in the New Year!
Courtesy of Beth and Howard Stern
To be considered to adopt one of Beth Stern’s foster cats/kittens please email Bethsternfosters@gmail.com
Victoria’s Fun Facts and Tips:
• You can begin your adoption search by visiting your local town shelter.
• Cats that aren’t neutered are more likely to get hit by a car.
• Cats have a strong aversion to anything citrus.
• Billy Joel donated all the proceeds from one of his shows at Madison Square Garden to help support North Shore Animal League America – where he adopted his pets.
• On 11/29/17, North Shore Animal League America broke ground for Bianca’s Furry Friends Feline Adoption Center. A 14,000 square foot addition spearheaded by Beth and Howard Stern and named in honor of their beloved Bulldog. The state-of-the-art facility will allow kittens and cats waiting for adoption to remain cage-free in a natural living environment.
Written by Victoria Bonavita
For more information on me,
please visit www.VictoriasAmazingWorld.com.
And if you’d like me to visit your school or library for one of my animal education programs,
please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org